Integrated Oil and Gas / Energy Consulting
The skills and experience that we have assembled in our oil and gas industry team are, in our belief, the best qualified and offer the broadest suite of services to this specialised sector. We keep pace with the industry developments and anticipate both country-specific and global trends.
We help clients to respond to change, playing an integral role in national regulatory reform, privatisation and industry-wide restructuring. Defined to meet the requirements and unique needs of this rapidly changing sector, we provide a range of cross-service line expertise, innovation and critical thinking. The strength of our practice lies in our ability to offer clients detailed knowledge of the industry global reach.
We serve most of the world’s largest oil and gas companies and contribute to research and analysis of industry issues and trends discussed in various events and conferences where industry leaders share their insights.
Our specific areas of practice focus include the following industry segments:
- Geomechanics Petrotechnical Services
- Drilling Services
- PROCESS/ FACILITIES ENGINEERING & Integrated Project Management Services
When an issue is of critical importance to you, it’s equally important to us. At Westpaq, we pair senior-level engineering consultants with a full support team to solve problems and achieve superior results for our clients. And we do it all with incredible speed.
If you’re facing challenges due to turn around time, line shutdowns, or field failures or you need a rebuttal expert, simply call us. Within minutes, we’ll assemble a team of engineering consultants to address your situation.
Compared to a down assembly line, we’re quite affordable. Because when an assembly line isn’t working, our clients know that they can count on the expertise that Westpaq’s engineering consultants offer. With our commitment to rapid response consulting services, we can begin assembling engineering consultants for you as soon as you call. We have more industry experts in their fields. Call us now and we’ll be working on your situation in minutes.
Project and Program Management
Many corporations understand the benefit of having standardized project management processes and procedures in place. Some have created Project Management Offices to provide governance and support. However, many projects don’t fall into a perfect world where traditional, well-sequenced plans and processes can be followed. Westpaq Consultants work as extensions of your staff with expertise in all stages of project work from conceptualization through close-out, spanning a wide range of industries, cultures, and languages.
We approach project management with the mindset that change is the norm, and should continue to deliver value in the face of volatility.
We not only manage a project plan, but also focus on the components and the deliverables that ultimately add value.
Our project managers understand the industries in which they consult.
Our deliverables are linked directly to goals and objectives.
- Project estimating and planning
- Work plan and scope management
- Project risk tracking and mitigation
- Issue tracking, management and resolution
Organizational Change Management
Change is not easy, yet it is a key component for organizations to stay competitive in an ever-changing and more complex business environment. Companies habitually invest millions in projects that never meet their ROI targets because stakeholders are not properly engaged in the process.
Organizational Change Management is often perceived as an application of “softer” skills. It is seen as intangible and hard to quantify in order to measure the value delivered. This is further accentuated by the fact that companies struggle to deliver large-scale change initiatives, and to achieve expected results.
How we are different
We pride ourselves in taking a pragmatic and practical approach to delivering change. Components of Change Management can be expected to be part of most Westpaq engagements to plan for sustainability of any improvements or optimizations made, rather than as an afterthought.
Our approach is to manage change as an integral part of any project, but at the same time right-sizing the approach rather than a one-size-fits-all. We avoid “change-for-change sake” by identifying high value change candidates that can easily be turned into quick wins, and making sure that any changes are aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
We deliver our change management methodology using consultants with strong industry-specific knowledge that are able to “Bridge the Gaps” across strategy, operations, commercial and technology functions.
How we do it
- Sponsorship shaping
- Stakeholder analysis and barrier determination
- Communication and business engagement strategy
- Organizational capability assessments
- Training development and execution
- People, process and technology readiness assessment
Strategy Development & Implementation
Businesses today are under intense scrutiny and companies wishing to remain a step ahead recognise the need to be accountable to all stakeholders for the impact of their operations on society.
However, companies struggle to identify the risks and opportunities associated with both regulatory pressure and stakeholders’ expectations, and to define an appropriate overall sustainability strategy.
We have excellent knowledge of the legal and voluntary aspects of sustainability, practical industry experience and awareness of the wide range of corporate reactions and strategies available today.
We offer clients specialised strategy and policy services, including:
Identifying the risks and opportunities in all aspects of sustainability and assessing them against the organisation’s values, goals and strategy
Defining vision and corporate strategy based on key company sustainability priorities
Supporting active sustainability programmes, assisting with implementation, and developing the required tools
At Westpaq, our business process optimization model is built on the view that all organizations are complex ecosystems. Business process optimization must thread the needle between the four major components of the business ecosystem:
Only when these components are analyzed and planned for holistically, with overall profitability sharply in focus, can we expect optimal performance to be achieved.
How Will You Get There?
To ensure that change is successful, it is necessary to use organizational strategy to create the change vision and identify those crucial, early steps towards an executable vision. Additionally, the organization must recognize and accept the negative impacts that the existing model is having on the organization.
To best socialize the idea, it is important that the executive management team communicate industry trends (those that support the organizational goals and change), leadership ideas (related to change), best practices (in organizational development and modeling) and competitive analysis to justify the need for this change.
An important component of understanding, managing and decision making for department or business model change is understanding the organization and the issues that are affecting performance. Without this understanding, successful implementation of a new model may be misdirected and focus singularly on the symptoms rather than root cause.
Tenets to Our Business Process Optimization Approach:
- Planned – We take a long-range approach to improving organizational performance and efficiency, avoiding “quick-fix”
- Organization-wide – We focus on the total “system” and inter-workings
- Support from Executive Management – We work diligently with the executives at our clients to help them support change by modeling the behavior and going beyond espousing the benefits
- Increased organizational effectiveness and health – Our objective is to tie process optimization to the bottom-line with the overall goal being to improve the organization and make it more efficient and more competitive
- Planned Evaluations – We plan organizational checkups to manage and shorten the productivity gaps that naturally occur when change is introduced, helping our clients get the benefits more quickly
- Behavioral-science – Behavioral science is applied to the evaluation of people, the model and organizational performance
- What does this mean to you? Process optimization boils down to business results.
- Our approach leads to culturally-aligned process optimizations that stick and deliver the intended results. We know that is what our clients want – predictable outcomes, and most importantly…results. With the comprehensive Westpaq business process optimization framework, we get our client organizations to accomplish astounding results. Explore more reasons why Westpaq is the right choice for your organization.
Information and Communication Technology
Information and communication technologies (ICT) have become critical business tools, essential in any workplace environment. Increasingly these technologies offer flexibility in the way that people work, but to get the most out of them, and to make them work effectively, efficiently and flexibly, they need to form part of the strategy, be designed in from the start and implemented alongside the construction or refurbishment of a building.
Westpaq provides expert consultancy that covers the full lifecycle of the design and implementation of these systems. We bring our expertise to ensuring that the ICT strategy is comprehensive, the design is robust, the implementation is successful and the ongoing management delivers the benefit.
This comprehensive approach covers a wide range of disciplines including enterprise architecture, business analysis, systems engineering and service management. We also understand the context that ICT sits within, whether this be a new service or remodeled, and adopt a holistic approach that engages all stakeholders and delivers fully integrated solutions.
Our deep specialist skills and knowledge include the following areas:
- Information security – We understand and implement the procedures and processes to deliver systems in some of the highest security environments.
- Identity management – We have been involved in many ground breaking systems to provide identity assurance and have developed facial recognition systems.
- Collaboration – We have played a leading role in collaboration technologies, participating in initiative on innovative collaboration technologies, as well as research on collaboration networks.
- Geospatial – We are experienced in leveraging optimum return on investment by exploiting location in generating and managing data and information through the whole life cycle of infrastructure planning, design, through construction, operation and maintenance, and decommissioning. This involves facilitating the convergence of computer-aided design, information modelling, geographic information and business intelligence technologies.
- High Integrity Systems – We have been involved in High Integrity software development for over 25 years.
- Bespoke software development – We develop business intelligence solutions and bespoke interactive web applications.
- Asset management – We provide comprehensive asset management systems to a diverse portfolio of clients.